The Data Controller is Mangas Gaming Malta Limited. Mangas Gaming Malta Limited is a company registered in Malta with company registration number C 46185 and having its registered office at Level 3, Tagliaferro Business Centre, High Street c/w Gaiety Lane, Sliema, SLM1551, Malta.
Betclic (“we”, “us”, “Betclic”, “our”), is a trading name of the Betclic Everest Group of Companies (“Group”). Mangas Gaming Malta Ltd operates the website www.betclic.com, and all variants thereof as well as the mobile application, m.betclic.com and all variants thereof (thereafter the “Site”). The licensed companies of which the Betclic trading name is a part, include any holding company or subsidiary, as well as any entity there associated and forming part of the Group.
This is the personal data you provide us to open an account on the Site:
- First name,
- Place of residence,
- Postal address,
- Email address,
- Date and place of birth,
- Phone number,
- Identity document,
- Security question and answer,
- Payment method and payment details,
- Game limits.
You may provide us your referrer pseudonym as well as any promotional code.
Service’s use involves the processing of personal data by the Data Controller, including:
- Interaction with customer service,
- Game history,
- Financial transactions,
- In specific cases, financial information (for example to establish source of funds),
- Connection data (IP address, access provider, type/version of browser used, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type).
Betclic process information when you visit the Site by using Cookies. If you need more information about cookies, you can refer to the cookie’s section below.
The information we collect enables us to ensure that our customers can enjoy safe and user-friendly browsing conditions. Our aim is to offer the best possible services, whilst making sure that betting and gaming on our Site remains a fun activity.
Your personal data is processed for specific purposes and in accordance with regulation and applicable laws. We process your data for the following purposes:
PROCESSING PURPOSES LAWFUL BASIS FOR PROCESSING Account management and Service provision:
- Creation of player profiles, ensuring access to site services and management of gaming accounts;
- When using the Site, to manage bets, games offered, deposits, withdrawals, wagers and wins;
- Security measures and identification of misuse of the Services.
Provide you with the Services for the performance of a contract Customer support and complaints management:
Monitoring of customer service by offering the best quality of service to respond to requests and complaints.
Provide you with the Services for the performance of a contract Responsible gaming
Betclic offers a variety of tools to assist you in managing your gambling:
- Identify and assist our customers who have become addicted to gambling or whom we consider may be at risks of becoming addicted;
- Ensure that the customer is of legal age to use our services;
- Verify whether the customer is self-excluded.
Legal obligation Carry out our obligations under relevant fraud, anti-money laundering and other applicable legislation :
Prevention of fraudulent activity, and any illegal activity including those committed to the detriment of the integrity of the sports game.
Legal obligation Administrative communication :
Regarding account validation, account closure or maintenance, technical updates, changes of terms and conditions, etc.
Provide you with the Services for the performance of a contract Marketing purposes :
Communication / sending of advertising, information, and commercial information of Betclic or third parties:
- Information ranging from special promotions to technical and other information relating to our services and the services of our Group companies;
- Perform direct and indirect sales activities.
Consent Analyze and administer the Site :
In order to improve the services we provide you.
Legitimate interests Market surveys and surveys on customer satisfaction :
Satisfaction survey on the quality of Services provided on the Site
Legitimate interests Personnalization :
- Develop products and personalize our offer;
- Keep you informed regarding any of our Services which may be of interest to you.
Legitimate interests Improve the efficiency and security of the Site Legitimate interests Complete a potential merger, sale of assets or transfer:
2.2.1 Recipients of your data
Only persons duly authorized by Betclic due to their functions can access to your personal data, without prejudice to their possible transmission to the extent required by the applicable regulations.
People under the responsibility of Betclic who have access to your personal data are bound by a confidentiality agreement and expose themselves to sanctions in the case of non-compliance with this commitment.
- Payment service providers,
- IT service providers, including hosting providers,
- Game platform providers,
- Digital marketing and CRM service platform,
- Customer satisfaction provider,
- Authority, any regulatory and/or sporting body,
- Organization to which we sell, transfer (or enter negotiations with to sell or transfer) any of our businesses. We will, as part of our policy, inform our customers by email prior to affecting such transfer of the personal data.
We strictly ensure that our subcontractors comply with the GDPR as well as the rules that we contractually impose on them in terms of data security.
Your personal data may also be the subject of a communication to any competent authority to comply with legal and regulatory obligations, court decisions, or in case of legal proceeding.
2.2.2 Transfers of your data outside the EU
Some of our service providers and subcontractors may be located outside the European Union. In this case, we ensure that transfers are framed by an adequate level of protection, through standard contractual clauses of the European Commission. We are committed to ensure that our service providers and subcontractors comply with the required security and confidentiality obligations.
In this context, Betclic undertakes, on simple request addressed to its customer service or by contacting the Data Protection Officer (DPO) directly at the following address on email@example.com, to provide any information regarding the purpose of the transfer, the data transferred, the recipients and the security measures implemented to supervise the transfer.
Betclic uses its best endeavors to assure the security and confidentiality of the data that you communicate.
We make sure to implement appropriate technical, physical and organizational control measures to ensure the security and confidentiality of your data.
This Policy is reflected in a specific framework for the use of data by our employees, as well as the selection of subcontractors conforming to the standards laid down by the regulations in force.
In this regard, Betclic makes sure to:
- Securing access to its premises and to its IT platforms;
- Securing access, sharing and transfer of data;
- The implementation of an IT security policy;
- Ensure employee awareness of confidentiality and data protection requirements;
- The strict selection of its partners and service providers.
Your payment information is exclusively managed by online payment providers certified PCI DSS (international security standard guaranteeing the confidentiality, security and integrity of credit card data and associated transactions).
Once your account has been closed, we will retain your personal data for a period of six years except when the detention of the data is necessary to respond or to file a legal action upon request of the competent authorities or in compliance with AML, Tax and VAT laws and regulations.
You have the following rights concerning your personal data:
The right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal data:
o You have the right to demand clear, transparent, and easily understandable information about how we use your personal data and about your rights.
The right to access to your personal data:
o You have the right to obtain from Betclic, as soon as possible, confirmation that your personal data is being processed by us or not, and the conditions of this processing, as well as to receive a copy.
The right to data portability:
o The right to data portability allows you to obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes across different services. This right only applies when the lawful basis for processing this information is consent or contract, or when the information is processed by automated means.
The right to rectify and complete your personal data:
o You have the right to have inaccurate personal data rectified or completed if it is incomplete, without due delay, subject to the regulations applicable to online gambling operators. For more information, you can refer to our Terms and Conditions.
The right to object to the processing of your personal data:
o You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data after you have registered with us.
o We bring to your attention the fact that certain so-called "administrative" communications will always be sent, such as those intended to comply with our legal obligations concerning the validation of your game account, those concerning the closing of the game account, or maintenance messages.
The right related to automated decision making:
We may need to use automated decision-making systems:
- To offer you a personalized experience;
- To satisfy our legal obligations under responsible gaming and AML regulations and fraud detection and prevention purposes. These systems help us to identify customers where particular attention should be focused. All final decisions taken on any actions are done so through human intervention and human decision-making process.
- To open an account, based on information we have, we verify that the product or service is right for you. We also verify that you meet the necessary conditions to open the account;
- To evaluate the risk associated with your bet.
You can oppose any personal data processing justified by the legitimate interest of Betclic, including profiling, unless the processing is necessary for the conclusion of a contract, is required by a legal obligation or is based on your specific consent.
The right to have your personal data erased:
Subject to legal exceptions (for example, retention necessary to comply with a legal obligation), you can ask Betclic to erase your personal data as soon as possible, when one of the following reasons applies:
- Your personal data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected;
- You want to withdraw the consent on which the processing of your personal data was based, if applicable, and there is no other legal basis justifying this processing;
- You consider and establish that the processing of your personal data is unlawful;
- Your personal data must be erased by legal obligation.
To exercise your rights, you may contact the Customer Service at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that you need to send us an ID document corresponding to your player account as we need to verify your identity before processing your request.
We will make every reasonable effort to respond to any request received from you within one month from the date of the request.
Please note that you are able to exercise your modification and your objection right by using one of the tools available on your player account with respect to the Terms and Conditions.
Should you wish to unsubscribe from our mailing list, you can do this easily by either changing your Account settings. If you have agreed to receive offers from Betclic on the pre-registration sign-up page and you later wish to unsubscribe, simply click on the ‘unsubscribe’ link on the email. Should you wish to unsubscribe from receiving SMS messages, you can do this easily by following the instructions to unsubscribe in the SMS message sent to you.
If you are not satisfied with the Customer Service answer, you can contact our DPO at the following email address: email@example.com.
Please note that you can lodge a complaint with a Supervisory Authority in Malta (IDPC https://idpc.org.mt/raise-a-concern/) or at a Supervisory Authority in the EU Member State where you are resident if you believe you have suffered an infringement of your rights.
A cookie is a small data file placed on the hard drive of your terminal (computer, smartphone, tablet, etc.) via our browser, when you access an online service. A cookie allows its issuer to identify the terminal in which it has been placed and to keep in memory certain information relating to your activity, for a limited period, to improve and personalize your experience on the site.
Other technologies with similar functionalities can be used, in mobile apps that do not support cookie technologies.
To make it easier to read, the term "cookie" used in our Privacy and Cookies Policy applies to all these technologies.
There are different types of cookies:
• Session cookies which disappear as soon as you leave the site;
• Persistent cookies that remain on your terminal equipment until their lifetime expires or until you delete them using your browser functionality.
Cookies can also come from different transmitters:
• Cookies issued by Betclic: these are cookies placed by us on your terminal when you browse our sites and mobile applications, which allow us to personalize and improve your experience;
• Cookies issued by third parties: these are cookies placed by third-party companies (for example social networks, Betclic partners) on your terminal when you are browsing our sites and mobile applications, which make it possible to adapt the advertising messages based on your interests and profile.
These cookies allow you to use the main functionalities of our website and access to secured areas of the website (example: access to your account). Without these cookies, our website cannot run normally. These cookies also ensure security of the website for Betclic and its users. For example, we use Session Identification Cookies to monitor the time of your connection. That’s why you are requested to re-connect after a certain time lapse. Somehow, we also use a permanent Identification Cookie that registers your Username (but not your password) to ease you next connections by filling in advance the « Username » field.
We advise you to leave them activated to make full use of our services and your browsing on our digital spaces. These cookies do not require your consent.
Those cookies enable us to measure the website frequentation, to know how it is used and how users react to proposed products. Thus, the collected data enables us to improve our website and your navigation experience. The collected data remains strictly anonymous and is only subject to a purely statistical process, so they do not require your consent.
These cookies are used to display advertisement related to your center of interests during your navigation on the web. They are also used amongst other to limit the number of times you are exposed to see a single advertisement and allow to measure their efficiency. We work with web editors, advertisers, and service providers to promote Betclic on other websites. These cookies require your consent.
List of partners using tracking cookies on our sites and mobile apps:
• Google: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=fr
• Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/policy.php
• Appsflyer : https://www.appsflyer.com/services-privacy-policy/ and https://www.appsflyer.com/optout
Refusing these cookies will not stop advertising on our sites and applications or on other sites you visit. Ads will simply no longer be personalized and may therefore be less interesting to you and more repetitive.
Placing a cookie on your terminal requires your consent, with the exception of cookies strictly necessary for the operation of the Site.
As such, you have various means to manage cookies.
• Exercise your choice from your Internet browser:
You can also configure your browser so that cookies are in your terminal or, on the contrary, that they are rejected, either systematically or according to their transmitter. It is also possible to configure your browser software so that the acceptance or rejection of cookies is offered to you from time to time, before a cookie is likely to be saved in your terminal.
To express or reconsider your choices regarding cookies, refer to the help menu or to the dedicated section of your browser.
If you use different terminals, be sure to set the corresponding browser to your preferences.
• Exercise your choices from our mobile applications
To deactivate cookies from an iOS terminal with IOS 14, go to "Settings" > "Confidentiality” >" Apple advertising” and you can deactivate the “Personalized advertising" button.
To deactivate cookies from an iOS terminal with a version prior to IOS 14, go to "Settings" > "Privacy” > "Advertising" and you can activate "Limited advertising tracking".
To disable cookies from an Android terminal, go to "Settings" > "Google" > "Ads" and you can turn off the option "Disable ad personalization".
• Exercise your choices via inter-professional platforms:
Your choices in terms of cookies may also be expressed online through inter-professional platforms. You can connect to the site www.youronlinechoices.com offered by digital advertising professionals grouped within the European association EDAA (European Digital Advertising Alliance).
This European platform lists hundreds of Internet advertising professionals and constitutes a centralized interface that allows you to express your choices regarding cookies that may be used to adapt ads regarding the navigation of your terminal.
Note that this procedure will not prevent the display of advertisements on the websites you visit. It will only block technologies that make it possible to adapt advertisements to the navigation of your terminal and to your centers of interest.
Any setting that you can make will be likely to modify your Internet browsing and your conditions of access to a certain number of functions necessary to navigate in certain areas of the site: for example, if you wish to access content or services that require you identify, or even if we cannot recognize for technical purposes the type of browser used by your terminal, its language and display settings, or the country from which your terminal appears to be connected to the Internet.$
Refusing to accept the Cookies necessary for browsing our site is likely to lead to reduce or damage the use of our Services. This choice, which is personal to you, is made at your own risk and its consequences cannot be our fault.
Betclic may modify this Privacy and Cookies Policy at any time. If Betclic makes substantial changes to this Policy, you will be informed by means of a visible notice at the time of your next connection to your player account.